As a church, we believe in and practice hospitality and generosity, we love to be a blessing to our local community and our global Ichthus family.
We believe that we should give our best to God, in all areas of our lives. We encourage people to commit their time, talents and treasure to the Lord. We have witnessed many times what can be achieved when many people commit to a common mission together. We would love you to be a part of the journey with us.
In Ichthus, our finances are a common pot and giving through the local church does more than sustain the work of the local congregation it's changing lives and bringing people to Christ across the world. We tithe 10% to our overseas work and 25% goes to support the ministries of Ichthus Christian Fellowship enabling the Prayer Community, supporting Training and the development of the Ichthus movement. The other 65% is invested in the local church enabling our congregation work, community projects, evangelism, youth and children's work and our church plant.
Jesus spoke about money more than any other subject.
Principles of Giving :
1. God provides for us (John 3:16, Philippians 4:19)
2. Give with a cheerful heart (2 Corinthians 9 :7)
3. Give generously (2 Corinthians 9:6)
4. Give responsibly and regularly (1 Corinthians 16:2)
5. Give in faith (Mark 12:41-44)
6. Disciples of Jesus are to view their wages as God’s money, not our own.
Practicalities of Giving:
1. Sunday Offerings ~ there is an opportunity to give at each of our Sunday morning meetings in the offering basket.
2. Standing Orders ~ We encourage members of Southcroft where possible to set up standing orders for your tithing. It is right to give first to God (sometimes described as firstfruits) and not occasionally at the end of the month if any money is left.
To start giving by standing order, you can fill out a standing order form and put it in the offering, or you can also give online using the following bank details:
Account name: Ichthus Christian Fellowship
Account number: 60275964
Sort code: 20-49-81
If you set up a regular online payment, email firstname.lastname@example.org in the Ichthus office so that he knows to allocate your giving to Southcroft.
3. Gift Aid ~ If you are a tax payer you can use the gift aid envelopes for giving and Ichthus can claim back the gift aid. Please fill in a 'gift aid envelope' at church and remember to tick the appropriate box so that we can reclaim the tax (20%) on your gift. This is free and enables your gift to go much further at no additional cost to you.